wood9 CROPPED

About Us

Brandon Wood lies about 6 km east of Coventry and covers a total area of 178 acres. It was quoted in the Doomsday Book as woodland in 1086 and is now a designated Planted Ancient Woodland Site (PAWS). Since 1981 it has been maintained and improved by voluntary workers from the Friends of Brandon Wood …

Learn more

History

In 1979 four people met in a front room to discuss the threat to the woodland. It had been put up for sale by the Forestry Commission. Possible uses for the land were sand & gravel extraction and housing. Around this quartet the organization was founded, and driven by Bob Draper the chairman, the organisation…

Learn more